Pursuant to section 32 of the Health and Disability Services (Safety) Act 2001 (“Act”), I, Don Mackie, Chief Medical Officer, Ministry of Health (“Ministry”), under delegation from the Director-General of Health, designate Central Region’s Technical Advisory Services Limited (“Central TAS”) to audit the provision or likely future provision of the following kinds of health care services:
- Hospital care services (as defined in section 4(1) of the Act), that are:
- children’s health services;
- geriatric services;
- maternity services;
- medical services;
- mental health services; and
- surgical services.
- Rest home care services (as defined in section 6(2) of the Act).
- Residential disability services (as defined in section 4(1) of the Act), that are:
- psychiatric; and
This designation is subject to the following conditions:
- The Designated Auditing Agency (DAA) must comply with the requirements of the DAA Handbook issued by the Ministry and updated from time to time.
- Promptly after giving a certified provider or prospective provider an audit report, the DAA must:
- complete the Ministry of Health Audit Report Tool and provide an electronic copy to the Ministry; and
- provide a summary of the audit report to the Ministry (refer to condition 9).
- any change in ownership and/or control of the legal entity;
- any change in management personnel;
- any change to the Auditor Register (refer to condition 8); and
- any change in the status of any third party accreditation the DAA may hold, including evidence of such accreditation and copies of any Third Party Accreditation Audit Reports or notifications in respect of their accreditation.
- internal audit that focuses on the DAA’s auditing activities undertaken pursuant to the Act, together with a compliance audit against the requirements of the DAA as set out in the Act; and
- management review in respect of the DAA’s programmes operated pursuant to the Act.
- the technical expertise to audit the provision of services of that kind; and
- effective systems in place for auditing the provision of services of that kind.
Dated at Wellington this 28th day of November 2016.
Dr STEWART JESSAMINE, Director, Protection, Regulation and Assurance, Ministry of Health.