Notice is hereby given of the making, pursuant to section 10 of the Tariff Act 1988 under delegated authority from the Minister of Commerce, of an order amending the Tariff of New Zealand to reflect international obligations.
1. Title of order—This order is the Tariff (Harmonised System) Amendment Order 2016.
2. Commencement—The order will come into force on 1 January 2017.
3. Effect of order—This order implements numerous changes to the tariff nomenclature as part of New Zealand’s obligations as a signatory to the International Convention on the Harmonised Commodity Description and Coding System. The order also corrects some minor tariff nomenclature drafting errors of a historical nature unrelated to the HS2017 amendments.
4. Availability—A copy of the order can be viewed at the New Zealand Customs Service website
or ordered by mail from
New Zealand Customs Service
PO Box 2218
Attention: Corporate Services.
Please quote title when placing an order. Prices are supplied on application. Copies are also available over the counter at the following locations:
Vic Books Pipitea: Victoria University, Ground Floor, Rutherford House, 23 Lambton Quay, Wellington. Bennetts Bookshops: University of Waikato, Gate 5, Hillcrest Road, Hamilton; Bennetts University Bookshop, Massey University, Palmerston North; Christchurch Polytechnic Institute of Technology, Madras Street, Christchurch. Whitcoulls: 34 Broadway Avenue, Palmerston North; 143 George Street, Dunedin; 210 Queen Street, Auckland.
5. Status of order—This order is a disallowable instrument but not a legislative instrument for the purposes of the Legislation Act 2012.