Maree Zinzley, Manager Approvals Operations of the Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI), acting under delegated authority from the Director-General of MPI, gives notice, under section 14(1) of the Agricultural Compounds and Veterinary Medicines Act 1997 (“Act”), that the following application has been made to register a trade name product under section 9(1) of the Act:
Trade Name: Mastiplan
Active Ingredients and Concentrations:
Cefapirin (as sodium salt) 300mg and prednisolone 20mg
Formulation Type: Cerate
General Use Claim:
Broad spectrum treatment of clinical mastitis in lactating cows caused by Gram positive bacteria and Gram negative bacteria sensitive to cefapirin.
Treatment of subclinical mastitis and reduction in somatic cell count during lactation.
Reduction in local signs of inflammation and fever induced by clinical mastitis and rapid recovery in milk production.
Any person may make a written submission to the director-general concerning this application.
Under sections 16 and 17 of the Act, a written submission:
- must state in full the reasons for making the submission; and
- may state any decision sought on that application; and
- must be received by the director-general no later than 30 working days after the date of notification in the New Zealand Gazette.
Under section 18 of the Act, a copy of every submission will be forwarded to the applicant for the applicant’s information.
The following address is:
- where submissions on this application are to be sent; and
- where requests for copies of the public information relating to the application can be sent; and
- where public information relating to the application can be viewed; and
- the director-general’s address for service:
ACVM Group, Ministry for Primary Industries, Pastoral House, 25 The Terrace, Wellington 6011. Postal Address: PO Box 2526, Wellington 6140.
The applicant’s address for service is:
Schering-Plough Animal Health Limited, 33 Whakatiki Street, Upper Hutt 5018. Postal Address: Private Bag 908, Upper Hutt 5140.
Dated at Wellington this 3rd day of May 2016.
MAREE ZINZLEY, Manager Approvals Operations, Ministry for Primary Industries (acting under delegated authority).