- Pursuant to section 24 of the Veterans’ Support Act 2014, the Minister of Veterans’ Affairs gives notice of the amendment of the Statements of Principles Nos. 37 and 38 of 2014 regarding chronic obstructive pulmonary disease under the Veterans’ Support Regulations 2014.
- The amendment takes effect on the date of publication of this notice.
- Statements of Principles Nos. 37 and 38 of 2014 are not revoked but should be read and applied together with the Amendment Statements of Principles Nos. 128 and 129 of 2015.
- The amendments to the Statements of Principles on chronic obstructive pulmonary disease reflect the introduction of new factors on inhaling dust and acute lower respiratory tract infection, the replacement of the definition of “a respiratory tract irritant from the specified list” in clause 9 and the insertion of a definition of “dust” in clause 9.
- Copies of the Amendment Statements of Principles on chronic obstructive pulmonary disease are available on the website of the Australian Repatriation Medical Authority
Dated at Wellington this 24th day of March 2016.
Hon CRAIG FOSS, Minister of Veterans’ Affairs.