Under section 11 of the Electricity Industry Act 2010 (“Act”), the Electricity Authority gives the following notice.
1. Title and commencement—(1) This notice is the Electricity Industry (Exemption No. 244 (Transpower New Zealand Limited)) Exemption Notice 2016.
(2) This notice comes into force on 1 December 2016.
2. Exemption—Transpower New Zealand Limited (“Transpower”) is exempted from complying with the obligation in clause 13.34(3) of the Electricity Industry Participation Code 2010 (“Code”) to submit reports to the Authority on revised information submitted later than two (2) hours before the relevant trading period.
3. Term—This exemption expires on the earlier of:
- the close of 30 November 2017; and
- the revocation of clause 13.34(3).
4. Reasons for granting the exemption—The reasons for granting this exemption are:
- without the exemption, Transpower would have incurred unreasonable cost to comply, balanced against the value of compliance;
- a Code amendment will soon come into force that will remove this obligation from the grid owner;
- the exemption will have no impact on any other participant or service provider, and will not affect any other Code provisions; and
- granting the requested exemption meets the requirements in section 11(2) of the Act.
Dated at Wellington this 8th day of November 2016.
For and on behalf of the Electricity Authority:
Hon ROGER SOWRY, onzm, Member, Electricity Authority.