- Under section 38(3)(b) of the Electricity Industry Act 2010 (“Act”), and having complied with section 39 of that Act, the Electricity Authority (“Authority”) gives notice of making the Electricity Industry Participation Code Amendment (Generation Fault Ride Through) 2016 (“amendment”).
- The amendment comes into force on 24 November 2016.
- The amendment amends Parts 1 and 8 of the Electricity Industry Participation Code 2010 (“Code”). The amendment requires asset owners to comply with fault ride through standards for generating units to ensure that assets remain stable and connected to the grid during transient system disturbances. This new obligation will improve reliable supply by the New Zealand electricity industry for the long-term benefit of consumers, which will promote the Authority’s statutory objective.
- A copy of the amendment and the Code is available on the Authority’s website
- A copy of the amendment and the Code may also be inspected free of charge or purchased from the Electricity Authority, Level 7, ASB Bank Tower, 2 Hunter Street, Wellington.
Dated at Wellington this 25th day of October 2016.
Dr THOMAS BRENT LAYTON, Chairperson, Electricity Authority.