- Under sections 38(3)(b) and 39(3)(a) of the Electricity Industry Act 2010 (“Act”), and having complied with section 39 of that Act, the Electricity Authority (“Authority”) gives notice of making the Electricity Industry Participation Code Amendment (Inverter Standard for Distributed Generation) 2016 (“amendment”).
- The amendment comes into force on 20 October 2016.
- The amendment replaces references to the current inverter standard adopted in Schedule 6.1 of the Electricity Industry Participation Code 2010 (“Code”) for connecting small-scale distributed generation to a network, with references to a new inverter standard recognised by Standards New Zealand.
- In accordance with section 39(3)(a) of the Act, the Authority has not prepared and publicised a regulatory statement or consulted on the amendment or a regulatory statement, because it is satisfied that the amendment is technical and non-controversial.
- A copy of the amendment and the Code is available on the Authority’s website
- A copy of the amendment and the Code may also be inspected free of charge or purchased from the Electricity Authority, Level 7, ASB Bank Tower, 2 Hunter Street, Wellington.
Dated at Wellington this 19th day of September 2016.
Dr THOMAS BRENT LAYTON, Chairperson, Electricity Authority.