In accordance with section 11 of the Electricity Industry Act 2010 (“Act”), the Electricity Authority gives the following notice.
1. Title and commencement—(1) This notice is the Electricity Industry (Exemption No. 238 (Contact Energy Limited)) Exemption Notice 2016.
(2) This notice comes into force on 1 February 2016.
2. Exemption—Contact Energy Limited (“Contact”) is exempted from the obligation in clause 11.32A(1) of the Electricity Industry Participation Code 2010 (“Code”) to supply consumer consumption information to a consumer for any installation control point where:
- Contact has used the information to provide any service to the consumer; and
- Contact has sourced that information from Metrix Limited’s (“Metrix”) advanced meter midnight reads, which Contact does not use for billing purposes.
3. Term—This exemption expires at the earlier of:
- the close of 31 December 2017; and
- Contact receiving half-hour information from Metrix.
4. Reasons for granting the exemption—The reasons for granting this exemption are:
- the exemption is only needed on a short-term basis;
- the information provided would not enable the consumer or its authorised agent to make informed decisions;
- the exemption will have little or no impact on other participants and service providers, and will not affect any other Code provisions; and
- the exemption meets the requirements of section 11(2) of the Act for granting exemptions.
Dated at Wellington this 13th day of January 2016.
For and on behalf of the Electricity Authority:
Hon ROGER SOWRY, onzm, Member, Electricity Authority.