Pursuant to section 170 of the Education Act 1989 (“Act”), the Minister for Tertiary Education, Skills and Employment hereby gives the following notice.
This notice may be cited as the Te Mana Whakahaere (Council) of Te Wānanga o Raukawa Constitution Notice 2016.
The 2008 Deed of Settlement between Te Wānanga o Raukawa and the Crown acknowledged and recorded their mutual commitment to have processes that are mana enhancing and contribute to the reconciliation of tino rangatiratanga and kāwanatanga in terms of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- Te Mana Whakahaere of Te Wānanga o Raukawa shall be composed of a total of nine members, consisting of:
- six members appointed by Te Mana Whakahaere in accordance with its statutes established under section 171C of the Act; and
- three members appointed by the responsible minister under section 171 of the Act, in consultation with Te Mana Whakahaere.
- Subject to, and in accordance with clause 1 of this constitution, sections 171D and 173 of the Act, each person may be appointed as a member of Te Mana Whakahaere for no more than four terms, and each term up to four years each. Where a person has been appointed for the full term and is a member when reappointed on 30 June 2016, that person may serve up to one further term of four years.
- This constitution shall be established when this notice is published in the New Zealand Gazette. The constitution will come into effect on 30 June 2016. This notice will replace the previous constitution established in the notice titled Determination of the Constitution of the Council of Te Wananga o Raukawa, as published in the New Zealand Gazette, 13 January 1994, No. 1, page 52.
Dated at Wellington this 12th day of May 2016.
Hon STEVEN JOYCE, Minister for Tertiary Education, Skills and Employment.