Pursuant to section 61(3) of the Government Roading Powers Act 1989, section 22AB of the Land Transport Act 1998 and Land Transport Rule: Setting of Speed Limits 2003, the NZ Transport Agency hereby makes the following bylaw.
1. Title and commencement—This bylaw may be cited as the New Zealand Transport Agency (Speed Limits on State Highways) Amendment Bylaw 2014/3 and will come into force 28 days after the date of publication of this notice in the New Zealand Gazette.
2. Amendment—The New Zealand Transport Agency (Speed Limits on State Highways) Bylaw 2010/10* is hereby amended by:
- Inserting a new line 725A in Schedule 1 to read:
“Line No.: 725A
SH No.: 2
Section of State Highway: From 175m north of East Taratahi Road to 200m south of East Taratahi Road.
Speed Limit (km/h): 70
New Zealand Gazette Reference: 12/5/2016, Notice No. 2016-au2643”
- Inserting a new line in Schedule 2 to read:
“Section of State Highway: The section of State Highway 2 at Carterton from 175m north of East Taratahi Road to 200m south of East Taratahi Road.
Speed Limit: The variable speed limit may operate when a vehicle is detected approaching the intersections on the side road or turning right on State Highway 2 and may continue to operate until those vehicles have cleared the intersection, as specified in condition 2 of the Rural Intersection Active Warning System Variable Speed Limit – State Highway 2, East Taratahi Road, Wiltons Road Intersection Notice, New Zealand Gazette, 10 March 2016, Issue No. 21, Notice No. 2016-au1386. When a variable speed limit sign installed on the section of State highway displays the numerals “70”, the speed limit is 70km/h. At all other times the speed limit is 100km/h.”
3. Authority to make bylaw—This bylaw was made by the Chief Advisor (Professional Services), Highways and Network Operations, under delegated authority of the NZ Transport Agency.
Signed on behalf of the NZ Transport Agency by:
DAVID BATES, Chief Advisor (Professional Services), Highways and Network Operations.
*Supplement to the New Zealand Gazette, 1 September 2010, No. 112, page 2967