Under section 38(3)(b) of the Electricity Industry Act 2010 (“Act”), and having complied with section 39 of that Act, the Electricity Authority (“Authority”) gives notice of the making of the Electricity Industry Participation Code Amendment (System Operator and Alignment with Statutory Objective) 2016 (“amendment”).
- The amendment comes into force on 19 May 2016.
- The amendment amends Parts 1, 3, 7, 8 and 13 of the Electricity Industry Participation Code 2010 (“Code”) to better give effect to section 8(3) of the Electricity Industry Act 2010.
- The amendment also amends Part 3 of the Code to require market operation service providers to assist the Authority to give effect to the Authority’s statutory objective.
- A copy of the amendment and the Code is available on the Authority’s website
- A copy of the amendment and the Code may also be inspected free of charge or purchased from the Electricity Authority, Level 7, ASB Bank Tower, 2 Hunter Street, Wellington.
Dated at Wellington this 18th day of April 2016.
Dr THOMAS BRENT LAYTON, Chairperson, Electricity Authority.