The Chief Parliamentary Counsel gives the following notice.
- Official electronic versions of legislation are issued under section 17 of the Legislation Act 2012 and are available free of charge on the New Zealand Legislation website.
- Official electronic versions of legislation are issued in portable document format (PDF) and on and from 5 January 2016 will be issued in hypertext markup language (HTML) on the New Zealand Legislation website.
- Official electronic versions of legislation published on the New Zealand Legislation website:
- must display the New Zealand Coat of Arms on their front page; and
- may also contain a statement that the legislation is issued under the authority of the New Zealand Government or under the Legislation Act 2012 or was originally issued under a corresponding former Act.
- A printed version of legislation that is produced directly from an official electronic version is also an official version.
- The legal status of official versions of legislation, as originally enacted or made, or that are reprints of legislation, is set out in section 18 of the Legislation Act 2012. An official version of legislation is taken to correctly set out the text of the legislation, unless the contrary is shown.
- For more information about official versions of legislation, please refer to the New Zealand Legislation website
Dated at Wellington this 17th day of December 2015.
DAVID NOBLE, Chief Parliamentary Counsel.