Notice is hereby given, pursuant to section 24 of the Financial Reporting Act 2013, that the New Zealand Auditing and Assurance Standards Board of the External Reporting Board has issued the following new and revised International Standards on Auditing (New Zealand) (ISAs (NZ)):
- ISA (NZ) 260 (Revised) Communication with Those Charged with Governance
- ISA (NZ) 570 (Revised) Going Concern
- ISA (NZ) 700 (Revised) Forming an Opinion and Reporting on Financial Statements
- ISA (NZ) 701 Communicating Key Audit Matters in the Independent Auditor’s Report
- ISA (NZ) 705 (Revised) Modifications to the Opinion in the Independent Auditor’s Report
- ISA (NZ) 706 (Revised) Emphasis of Matter Paragraphs and Other Matter Paragraphs in the Independent Auditor’s Report
- ISA (NZ) 720 (Revised) The Auditor’s Responsibilities Relating to Other Information
- Conforming Amendments to International Standards on Auditing (New Zealand) and Other Pronouncements
The new and revised standards are:
- effective for audits of financial statements for periods ending on or after 15 December 2016; and
- are disallowable instruments for the purposes of the Legislation Act 2012.
Copies of the standards may be inspected free of charge at the offices of the External Reporting Board (XRB), Level 7, 50 Manners Street, Wellington.
Copies are also available on the XRB’s website
Dated this 1st day of October 2015.
NEIL CHERRY, Chair, New Zealand Auditing and Assurance Standards Board.