Pursuant to section 4 of the Commodity Levies (Arable Crops) Order 2012 (“the Order”), a levy has been imposed on, and shall be payable by, the producers of any arable commodity grown in New Zealand.
In accordance with section 13 of the Order, the Foundation for Arable Research Incorporated has determined the levy rates for 1 January 2016 to 31 December 2016 are set as follows:
- Herbage and amenity seed – 0.8% of sale value.
- All other grain and seed crops (cereals, pulses etc) – 0.8% of sale value.
- Open pollinated vegetable seed crops – 0.8% of sale value.
- Hybrid vegetable seed crops – 0.5% of sale value.
- Onion seed crops will be zero rated.
Dated this 17th day of September 2015.
N. PYKE, Chief Executive, Foundation for Arable Research Incorporated.
Contact Details: Foundation for Arable Research Incorporated, PO Box 23133, Templeton 8445.