Preferential Rates of Duty on Imports from the Republic of Korea Under the Agreement Between New Zealand and Republic of Korea
Notice is hereby given of the making, pursuant to section 7F(1)(d) of the Tariff Act 1988, of an order that incorporates by reference certain provisions of the Agreement between New Zealand and the Republic of Korea.
N o t i c e
1. Title of order—This order is the Tariff (Free Trade Agreement Between New Zealand and the Republic of Korea) Amendment Order 2015.
2. Commencement—The order will come into force on 20 December 2015.
3. Effect of order—This order, which comes into force on 20 December 2015, amends the Tariff so that it indicates in the Preferential Tariff the new rates of duty on imports of goods from the Republic of Korea. The amendments give effect to the Free Trade Agreement between New Zealand and the Republic of Korea (“KNZFTA”) done at Seoul, Korea, on 23 March 2015.
The new rates of duty inserted by this order are those set out in the provisions of the KNZFTA and are set out in the Schedule of this order.
However, the new rates set out in Schedule of this order—
- transpose the commitments contained in Section B: Tariff Schedule of New Zealand, Annex 2-A of KNZFTA from Harmonised System 2007 to Harmonised System 2012 (as the latter is operating when this order is made); and
- incorporate minor rounding corrections to ensure the rates of duty are consistent with Article 5 of the Headnote of Section B: Tariff Schedule of New Zealand, Annex 2-A of KNZFTA.
4. Availability—A copy of the order can be viewed at the New Zealand Customs Service website
or ordered by mail from
New Zealand Customs Service
PO Box 2218
Attention: Corporate Services.
Please quote title when placing an order. Prices are supplied on application. Copies are also available over the counter at the following locations:
Vic Books Pipitea: Victoria University, Ground Floor, Rutherford House, 23 Lambton Quay, Wellington. Bennetts Bookshops: University of Waikato, Gate 5, Hillcrest Road, Hamilton; Bennetts University Bookshop, Massey University, Palmerston North; Christchurch Polytechnic Institute of Technology, Madras Street, Christchurch. Whitcoulls: 34 Broadway Avenue, Palmerston North;143 George Street, Dunedin; 210 Queen Street, Auckland.