Under section 78M of the Education Act 1989, with delegated authority from the Minister of Education, I hereby direct the appointment of a limited statutory manager for the Wairarapa College (241) Board of Trustees.
The following functions, powers and duties of the board are to be vested in a limited statutory manager:
- All functions, powers and duties of the board as an employer (whether statutory or otherwise);
- all functions, powers and duties of the board to manage financial operations (whether statutory or otherwise); and
- all functions, powers and duties of the board in relation to property management (whether statutory or otherwise).
A limited statutory manager must also advise the board on the following matters:
- All communications (whether statutory or otherwise) including communications with the media, communications within the school, and communications between the school and its community; and
- consolidating all new and improved systems into board management practice.
This notice takes effect on Friday 11 September 2015.
Dated at Wellington this 3rd day of September 2015.
KATRINA CASEY, Deputy Secretary for Education, Sector Enablement and Support, Ministry of Education.