Under section 78M of the Education Act 1989, with delegated authority from the Minister of Education, I hereby direct the appointment of a limited statutory manager for the Kaikoura High School (307) Board of Trustees.
The following functions, powers and duties of the board are to be vested in a limited statutory manager:
- All functions, powers and duties of the board as an employer (whether statutory or otherwise); and
- all functions, powers and duties of the board in financial operations (whether statutory or otherwise).
A limited statutory manager will also advise the board on the following matters:
- Curriculum management including teaching and assessment practice (whether statutory or otherwise);
- communications management (whether statutory or otherwise) including communications with the media, communications within the school, and communications between the school and its community; and
- board systems and processes.
This notice takes effect on the day of publication.
Dated at Wellington this 3rd day of July 2015.
KATRINA CASEY, Deputy Secretary, Sector Enablement and Support, Ministry of Education.