Pursuant to section 11(3) of the Maori Commercial Aquaculture Claims Settlement Act 2004, the Minister for Primary Industries, after complying with the requirements in section 11(4) of that Act, gives the following notice.
N o t i c e
1. Title and commencement—(1) This notice may be cited as the Maori Commercial Aquaculture Claims Settlement (Extension to Tasman and Marlborough Negotiation Periods) Notice 2015.
(2) This notice comes into force on the day after the date of its notification in the New Zealand Gazette.
2. Interpretation—In this notice:
- Act means the Maori Commercial Aquaculture Claims Settlement Act 2004.
- Tasman and Marlborough regions negotiation period means the period up to and including 30 June 2015 applying to the regions:
(i) Tasman; and
being the period referred to in section 11(2)(a) of the Act within which the Crown must use its best endeavours to negotiate and enter into regional agreements that provide for the Crown to meet its obligations in respect of new space for those regions (having first been extended to 30 June 2014 on 26 September 2013 by New Zealand Gazette notice (Notice No. MPI 237, New Zealand Gazette, 26 September 2013, No. 131, page 3680), then to 30 June 2015 by further New Zealand Gazette notice (Notice No. MPI 350, New Zealand Gazette, 26 June 2014, No. 68, page 1924) on 26 June 2014 under section 11(3) of the Act).
- Regions has the same meaning as in section 4 of the Act.
3. Extension to negotiation periods—Under section 11(3) of the Act, the Tasman and Marlborough negotiation periods referred to in clause 2 of this notice are extended to 30 September 2015.
Dated at Wellington this 15th day of June 2015.
Hon NATHAN GUY, Minister for Primary Industries.