Pursuant to section 51 of the Legislation Act 2012, the Manager Trading Standards, of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, gives the following notice.
N o t i c e
1. Title and commencement—(1) This notice may be cited as the Proposal to Incorporate Material by Reference (BS1970:2012 Hot Water Bottles Manufactured From Rubber and PVC – Specification) Notice 2015.
(2) This notice takes effect from the date of publication in the New Zealand Gazette.
2. Proposal to incorporate—Pursuant to section 49 of the Legislation Act 2012, it is proposed to incorporate BS1970:2012 by reference into a new temporary unsafe goods notice for hot water bottles. The notice will continue to incorporate the earlier editions of that standard, BS1970:2001 and BS1970:2006, as published in the New Zealand Gazette, 11 December 2008, No. 192, page 5082.
3. Inspection sites
- The proposed material, BS1970:2012 Hot water bottles manufactured from rubber and PVC – Specification, together with earlier editions of that standard, being BS1970:2001 and BS1970:2006, will be made available free of charge, for inspection by appointment, during office hours at the following Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment sites:
- Auckland – Trading Standards’ Office, 502 Rosebank Road, Avondale.
- Wellington – Head Office, MBIE Building, 15 Stout Street.
- Christchurch – Business Service Centre, 55 Wordsworth Street, Sydenham.
- To arrange for an appointment to view the proposed material:
- Telephone: 0508 627 774
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Date of availability—BS1970:2012, together with BS1970:2001 and BS1970:2006, will be available for inspection from the date of issue of this notice.
4. Purchasing the proposed material—BS1970:2012 Hot water bottles manufactured from rubber and PVC – Specification can be purchased from Standards New Zealand via their website at
For other purchasing options contact Standards New Zealand by:
Freephone: 0800 782 632
5. Invitation to comment—You are invited to make comment on the proposal to incorporate BS1970:2012 Hot water bottles manufactured from rubber and PVC – Specification.
To submit comments, email: email@example.com
Dated at Wellington this 11th day of June 2015.
STEPHEN O’BRIEN, Manager Trading Standards, Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment.
This note is not part of the notice, but is intended to indicate its general effect.
This notice declares the intention to incorporate by reference the British Standard, BS1970:2012 Hot water bottles manufactured from rubber and PVC – Specification, into a notice titled Unsafe Goods (Hot Water Bottles) Notice 2015, to be published in the New Zealand Gazette under section 31 of the Fair Trading Act 1986.