- Under sections 38(3)(b) and 39(3) of the Electricity Industry Act 2010 (“Act”), and having complied with section 39 of that Act, the Electricity Authority (“Authority”) gives notice of making the Electricity Industry Participation Code Amendment (Code Review Programme) 2015 (“amendment”).
- The amendment comes into force on 1 February 2016, except for the amendment to the definition of “contract for differences” which comes into force on 15 January 2016.
- The amendment makes a variety of improvements to the Electricity Industry Participation Code 2010 (“Code”) that the Authority had identified either in the course of its work or as a result of suggestions received through the Authority’s Code amendment proposal process. The amendment mostly represents changes to the Code that would be beneficial, but that do not (of themselves) warrant a separate Code amendment.
- In accordance with section 39(3) of the Act, the Authority has not prepared and publicised a regulatory statement or consulted on a regulatory statement because it is satisfied that the amendments are technical and non-controversial, there is widespread support for the amendments among the people likely to be affected by them, or there has been adequate prior consultation so that all relevant views have been considered.
- A copy of the amendment and the Code is available on the Authority’s website
- A copy of the amendment and the Code may also be inspected free of charge or purchased from the Electricity Authority, Level 7, ASB Bank Tower, 2 Hunter Street, Wellington.
Dated at Wellington this 14th day of December 2015.
Dr THOMAS BRENT LAYTON, Chairperson, Electricity Authority.