Under section 38(3)(b) of the Electricity Industry Act 2010 (“Act”), and having complied with section 39 of that Act, the Electricity Authority (“Authority”) gives notice of the making of the Electricity Industry Participation Code Amendment (Access to Retail Tariff Information) 2015 (“amendment”).
- The amendment comes into force on 1 February 2016.
- The amendment makes changes to Parts 1 and 11 of the Electricity Industry Participation Code 2010 (“Code”), as amended by the Electricity Industry Participation Code Amendment (Access to Retail Data) 2014, to:
- give effect to the Authority’s decision to require all retailers to provide information about their generally available retail tariff plans to any person that requests it; and
- enable a retailer to impose a reasonable charge for providing the information, if a person requests that information be provided in a manner or format that is different from the manner or format typically used by the retailer for providing such information.
- A copy of the amendment and the Code is available on the Authority’s website
- A copy of the amendment and the Code may also be inspected free of charge or purchased from the Electricity Authority, Level 7, ASB Bank Tower, 2 Hunter Street, Wellington.
Dated at Wellington this 1st day of December 2015.
Dr THOMAS BRENT LAYTON, Chairperson, Electricity Authority.