The Commerce Commission (“Commission”) gives notice that it has amended the input methodologies (IMs) applicable to electricity distribution services, gas distribution services and gas transmission services under Part 4 of the Commerce Act 1986 (“Act”).
The amended IMs are:
- Electricity Distribution Services Input Methodologies Determination 2012  NZCC 26;
- Gas Distribution Services Input Methodologies Determination 2012  NZCC 27; and
- Gas Transmission Services Input Methodologies Determination 2012  NZCC 28.
The amendments are set out in the Electricity and Gas (Customised Paths) Input Methodology Amendments Determination 2015  NZCC 28.
The amendments have been made under the fast-track process we commenced for considering the customised price-quality path (CPP) IMs under section 52Y(1) of the Act.
The amendments are intended to introduce more flexibility and clarity for suppliers in relation to CPP proposals by:
- allowing modifications and exemptions to the requirements for the process for preparing, and the content of, CPP proposals, where such modifications and exemptions are approved by the Commission;
- in certain instances allowing a CPP applicant making a CPP proposal to use alternative methodologies that have equivalent effect to the specified methodologies; and
- clarifying that the Commission may determine that a CPP proposal complies with the requirements for the process for, and content of, CPP proposals, if the CPP proposal complies with the requirements “in all material respects”.
A copy of the amendment determination is available on the Commission’s website
and for inspection free of charge, or for purchase at a reasonable price at the Commission’s office at 44 The Terrace, Wellington (during ordinary office hours).
Dated this 19th day of November 2015.