- Under section 38(3)(b) of the Electricity Industry Act 2010, and having complied with section 39 of that Act, the Electricity Authority gives notice of making the Electricity Industry Participation Code Amendment (Dispatchable Demand: Late Bid Revisions) 2015 (“amendment”).
- The amendment comes into force on 1 December 2015.
- The amendment amends clauses 13.19A, 13.82, and 13.141 of the Electricity Industry Participation Code 2010 (“Code”) to provide that, if a purchaser revises a nominated bid for a dispatch-capable load station in the trading period that is immediately before the trading period to which the nominated bid applies:
- the revised nominated bid is a nominated non-dispatch bid;
- the purchaser is not required to comply with a dispatch instruction for the dispatch-capable load station for the trading period to which the nominated bid applies; and
- the pricing manager is not required to use the final submitted nominated dispatch bid as input information.
- The amendment also amends clauses 13.192 and 13.202 of the Code to clarify that constrained on and constrained off situations do not occur for dispatch-capable load stations when the final nominated bid in the trading period immediately before the trading period to which the nominated bid applies is a nominated non-dispatch bid.
- A copy of the amendment and the Code is available on the Electricity Authority’s website
- A copy of the amendment and the Code may also be inspected free of charge or purchased from the Electricity Authority, Level 7, ASB Bank Tower, 2 Hunter Street, Wellington.
Dated at Wellington this 27th day of October 2015.
Dr THOMAS BRENT LAYTON, Chairperson, Electricity Authority.