- Pursuant to section 38(3)(b) of the Electricity Industry Act 2010, and having complied with section 39 of that Act, the Electricity Authority gives notice of the making of the Electricity Industry Participation Code Amendment (Access to Retail Data) 2014 (“amendment”).
- The amendment comes into force on 1 February 2016.
- The amendment requires retailers to provide information about a consumer’s electricity consumption if the consumer requests it.
- Retailers are required to give the relevant information to any consumer with whom the retailer has a contract to supply electricity, or with whom the retailer has had a contract to supply electricity in the last 24 months.
- Retailers must provide the information within a specified time frame and in accordance with a particular format to be publicised by the Authority. Retailers must also notify each consumer of their ability to make a request to the retailer for information about the consumer’s consumption of electricity.
- A copy of the amendment and the Electricity Industry Participation Code 2010 (“Code”) is available on the Electricity Authority’s website
- A copy of the amendment and the Code may also be inspected free of charge or purchased from the Electricity Authority, Level 7, ASB Bank Tower, 2 Hunter Street, Wellington.
Dated at Wellington this 23rd day of December 2014.
Dr THOMAS BRENT LAYTON, Chairperson, Electricity Authority.