Pursuant to section 170 of the Education Act 1989 (“the Act”), the Minister for Tertiary Education gives the following notice.
N o t i c e
1. Name of the Council—The name of the Council is the University of Waikato Council.
2. Date of effect—This constitution comes into effect on 10 December 2015.
3. Number of members of the Council—The Council comprises 12 members.
4. Maximum number of occasions on which people may serve as members of the Council—(1) A person may be appointed as a member of the Council for a term of up to four years. The maximum number of occasions on which a person may serve as a member of the Council is:
(a) the number that ensures that the total period for which that person is a member of the Council does not exceed 16 years (consecutive or otherwise); or
(b) in the case of a person appointed by virtue of holding a stated office, any number of terms or years while he or she continues in that office.
(2) If the term of a member expires before a successor is appointed, he or she continues as a member until his or her successor’s appointment takes effect.
Dated at Wellington this 29th day of July 2015.
Hon STEVEN JOYCE, Minister for Tertiary Education.