Pursuant to section 170 of the Education Act 1989 (“the Act”), the Minister for Tertiary Education, Skills and Employment gives the following notice.
N o t i c e
This notice may be cited as the Constitution of Te Mana Whakahaere (Council) of Te Wānanga o Aotearoa Te Kuratini o Ngā Waka Notice 2015.
- Te Mana Whakahaere of Te Wānanga o Aotearoa Te Kuratini o Ngā Waka shall be composed of a total of nine members, consisting of:
- three members appointed by the Minister for Tertiary Education; and
- six members appointed by Te Mana Whakahaere in accordance with the Direct Appointment of Members to Te Mana Whakahaere Statute 2015, as amended or replaced from time to time.
- Subject to, and in accordance with clause 1 of this Constitution, sections 171D and 173 of the Education Act 1989, Te Mana Whakahaere members shall be appointed for no more than four terms, and each term up to four years.
- This constitution shall be established when notice is published in the New Zealand Gazette by the Minister. The constitution will come into effect on 29 July 2015.
This notice will replace the previous constitution established in 2008 (published in the New Zealand Gazette, 14 February 2008, No. 22, page 515).
Dated at Wellington this 6th day of June 2015.
Hon STEVEN JOYCE, Minister for Tertiary Education, Skills and Employment.