In accordance with section 11 of the Electricity Industry Act 2010 (“Act”), the Electricity Authority gives the following notice.
N o t i c e
1. Title and commencement—(1) This notice is the Electricity Industry (Exemption No. 224 (Advanced Metering Services Limited)) Exemption Notice 2015.
(2) This notice comes into force on the day after the date it is notified in the New Zealand Gazette.
2. Exemption—(1) Advanced Metering Services Limited (“AMS”) is exempted from complying with the obligation in clause 4(2)(a) of Schedule 10.7 of the Electricity Industry Participation Code 2010 (“Code”) to ensure that its metering installation configuration does not use subtraction to determine submission information.
(2) This exemption applies only to installation control point (“ICP”) identifier 0000840407WE388.
3. Term—This exemption expires at the earlier of:
- the close of 31 December 2024;
- the date on which Contact Energy Limited (“Contact”) no longer has the responsibility in the registry as the trader for ICP identifier 0000840407WE388;
- the date on which Contact no longer has an agreement to receive half-hour metered data with the retailer of any ICP required in the subtraction calculation at Solid Energy New Zealand Limited’s (“Solid Energy”) Rotowaro mine; and
- the date on which any embedded generation is installed on any part of Solid Energy’s Rotowaro mine site between Contact’s outgoing and incoming metering points.
4. Reasons for granting the exemption—The reasons for granting this exemption are:
- granting the exemption meets the requirements in section 11(2) of the Act for granting exemptions;
- deriving the submission information from the metering installations by subtraction is as accurate as it would be if it was derived using directly metered data;
- AMS would otherwise incur significant metering installation expenditure that would outweigh any benefit resulting from compliance;
- AMS cannot comply with the obligation in clause 4(2)(a) of Schedule 10.7 of the Code until Contact provides new metering installations at the mine; and
- the exemption will have no impact on any other participant or service provider, and will not affect any other Code provision.
Dated at Wellington this 10th day of March 2015.
For and on behalf of the Electricity Authority:
Hon ROGER SOWRY, onzm, Member, Electricity Authority.