In accordance with section 11 of the Electricity Industry Act 2010 (“Act”), the Electricity Authority gives the following notice.
N o t i c e
1. Title and commencement—(1) This notice is the Electricity Industry (Exemption No. 217 (Alpine Energy Limited)) Exemption Notice 2015.
(2) This notice comes into force on the day after the date it is notified in the New Zealand Gazette.
2. Exemption—(1) Alpine Energy Limited (“Alpine”) is exempted from complying with the obligation in clause 4(2)(a) of Schedule 10.7 of the Electricity Industry Participation Code 2010 (“Code”) to ensure that its metering installation configuration does not use subtraction to determine submission information.
(2) This exemption applies only to installation control point (“ICP”) 0009805800AL991.
3. Term—This exemption expires at the earlier of:
- the close of 28 February 2025;
- the date on which Contact Energy Limited (“Contact”) is no longer recorded in the registry as being the trader for ICP 0009805800AL991;
- the date on which Alpine is no longer recorded in the registry as being the metering equipment provider for ICP 0009805800AL991; and
- the date on which embedded generation is injected through any one of the four meters currently used in the calculation of submission information by subtraction.
4. Reasons for granting the exemption—The reasons for granting this exemption are:
- granting the exemption meets the requirements in section 11(2) of the Act for granting exemptions;
- deriving the submission information from the metering installations by subtraction is as accurate as it would be if it was derived using directly metered data;
- Alpine would otherwise incur significant metering installation expenditure that would outweigh any benefit resulting from compliance;
- Alpine cannot comply with the obligation in clause 4(2)(a) of Schedule 10.7 of the Code until Contact authorises Alpine to install new metering installations at the Clandeboye dairy factory; and
- the exemption will have no impact on any other participant or service provider, and will not affect any other Code provision.
Dated at Wellington this 10th day of March 2015.
For and on behalf of the Electricity Authority:
Hon ROGER SOWRY, onzm, Member, Electricity Authority.