Notice is hereby given of the making, pursuant to section 79 of the Customs and Excise Act 1996, of an order adjusting the excise and excise-equivalent duties on tobacco products.
N o t i c e
1. Title of order—The order is the Excise and Excise-equivalent Duties Table (Tobacco Products Indexation and Separate 10% Increase) Amendment Order 2014.
2. Commencement—The order will come into force on 1 January 2015.
3. Effect of order—The order will adjust the excise and excise-equivalent duties on tobacco products to reflect the movement in the Consumers Price Index (excluding credit services) over the 12-month period ending on 30 September 2014 and to provide for a separate 10% increase as required by section 79(3A) of the Customs and Excise Act 1996.
4. Availability—A copy of the order can be viewed at the New Zealand Customs Service website
or ordered by mail from
New Zealand Customs Service
PO Box 2218
Attention: Corporate Services.
Please quote title when placing an order. Prices are supplied on application. Copies are also available over the counter at the following locations:
Vicbooks Pipitea: Victoria University, Ground Floor, Rutherford House, 23 Lambton Quay, Wellington. Bennetts Bookshops: University of Waikato, Gate 5 Hillcrest Road, Hamilton; Bennetts University Bookshop, Massey University, Palmerston North; Christchurch Polytechnic Institute of Technology, Madras Street, Christchurch. Whitcoulls: 34 Broadway Avenue, Palmerston North; 143 George Street, Dunedin; 210 Queen Street, Auckland.
5. Status of order—The order is a disallowable instrument for the purposes of the Legislation Act 2012.