Pursuant to Regulations 32(1)(a) and (i) of the Radiocommunications Regulations 2001, and acting under delegated authority from the chief executive, I give the following notice.
N o t i c e
1. Title and commencement-(1) This notice is the Radiocommunications Regulations (Prohibited Equipment - Animal Tracking and Training Devices) Notice 2014.
(2) This notice comes into force on 24 July 2014.
2. Interpretation-In this notice:
animal tracking devices means the radio apparatus described in the Schedule to this notice.
animal training devices means the radio apparatus described in the Schedule to this notice.
licence means a licence to supply, issued in accordance with the provisions of section 134 of the Radiocommunications
Act 1989, providing for the supply and importation for supply of radio apparatus, and specifically allowing importation of animal tracking and training devices for modification.
modification means changing the radiocommunication characteristics of animal tracking and training devices so the devices comply with prescribed performance standards and radio licence requirements.
permitted person means a person holding a licence allowing importation of animal tracking and training devices for modification.
3. Prohibition-(1) Animal tracking devices and animal training devices are interfering equipment.
(2) Animal tracking devices and animal training devices are declared to be prohibited equipment.
(3) The installation, use, sale, distribution or manufacture of animal tracking devices and animal training devices is prohibited.
(4) The importation of animal tracking devices and animal training devices other than by a permitted person is prohibited.
4. Consequential revocation of notice-The Radiocommunications Regulations (Prohibited Equipment - Dog Tracking Devices) Notice 2014, dated the 15th day of January 2014 and published in the New Zealand Gazette, 23 January 2014, No. 8, page 225, is revoked.
Radio equipment or part thereof operating in any of the frequencies 151.820 MHz, 151.880 MHz, 151.940 MHz, 154.570 MHz and 154.600 MHz and used for, or with the primary purpose of being used for animal tracking or animal training, including, but not limited to, the following makes and models:
- Garmin Astro 220 system
- Garmin Astro 320 system
- Garmin Alpha 100 system
- Garmin DC 20 collar
- Garmin DC 30 collar
- Garmin DC 40 collar
- Garmin DC 50 collar
- Garmin TT 10 collar
- SportDOG TEK equipment
- Garmin TT 15 collar
- Garmin T5 collar
- Garmin PRO Trashbreaker (Tri-Tronics Trashbreaker)
Dated at Auckland this 17th day of July 2014.
CHRIS BRENNAN, Compliance Manager, Radio Spectrum Management, Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment.
This note is not part of the notice, but is intended to indicate its general effect. This notice prescribes that, pursuant to Regulation-making powers of the Radiocommunications Act 1989, the installation, use, sale, distribution or manufacture of interfering equipment or part thereof as prescribed in the notice, is prohibited. The notice also prohibits the importation
of animal tracking devices and animal training devices other than in accordance with a licence. This notice comes into effect on 24 July 2014.