Pursuant to Regulation 32(1)(a) and (i) of the Radiocommunications Regulations 2001, and acting under delegated authority from the chief executive, I give the following notice.
N o t i c e
1. Title and commencement-(1) This notice is the Radiocommunications Regulations (Prohibited Equipment - Dog Tracking Devices) Notice 2014.
(2) This notice comes into force on 23 January 2014.
2. Interpretation-In this notice:
dog-tracking devices means the radio apparatus described in the Schedule to this notice.
licence means a licence to supply, issued in accordance with the provisions of section 134 of the Radiocommunications Act 1989, providing for the supply and importation for supply of radio apparatus, and specifically allowing importation of dog-tracking devices for modification.
modification means changing the radiocommunication characteristics of dog-tracking devices so the devices comply with prescribed performance standards and radio licence requirements.
permitted person means a person holding a licence allowing importation of dog-tracking devices for modification.
3. Prohibition-(1) Dog-tracking devices are interfering equipment.
(2) Dog-tracking devices are declared to be prohibited equipment.
(3) The installation, use, sale, distribution or manufacture of dog-tracking devices is prohibited.
(4) The importation of dog-tracking devices other than by a permitted person is prohibited.
4. Consequential revocation of notice-The Radiocommunications Regulations (Prohibited Equipment - Dog Tracking Devices) Notice 2013, dated the 2nd day of August 2013 and published in the New Zealand Gazette, 8 August 2013, No. 103, page 2781, is revoked.
Radio equipment or part thereof used for, or with the primary purpose of being used for, tracking or locating dogs or other animals that operate in the frequencies 151.820 MHz, 151.880 MHz, 151.940 MHz, 154.570 MHz and 154.600 MHz, including, but not limited to, the following makes and models operating within these frequencies:
- Garmin Astro 220 system
- Garmin Astro 320 system
- Garmin Alpha 100 system
- Garmin DC 20 collar
- Garmin DC 30 collar
- Garmin DC 40 collar
- Garmin DC 50 collar
- Garmin TT 10 collar
- SportDOG TEK equipment
Dated at Auckland this 15th day of January 2014.
CHRIS BRENNAN, Compliance Manager, Radio Spectrum Management, Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment.
This note is not part of the notice, but is intended to indicate its general effect. This notice prescribes that, pursuant to Regulation-making powers of the Radiocommunications Act 1989, the installation, use, sale, distribution or manufacture of interfering equipment or part thereof as prescribed in the notice, is prohibited. The notice also prohibits the importation
of dog-tracking devices other than in accordance with a licence. This notice comes into effect on 23 January 2014.