- Pursuant to sections 38(3)(b) and 39(3)(a) and (b) of the Electricity Industry Act 2010 (“Act”), and having complied with section 39 of that Act, the Electricity Authority (“Authority”) gives notice of making the Electricity Industry Participation Code Amendment (Minor Code Amendments) (No 3) 2014 (“amendment”).
- The amendment comes into force on 19 December 2014, except clauses 6, 7 and 8, which come into force on 23 February 2015.
- The amendment makes changes to the Code under section 39(3) of the Act that are of a technical and non-controversial nature or for which there is widespread support among the people likely to be affected by them.
- Transpower New Zealand Limited’s contracted approved test houses (“ATHs”) currently have exemptions from clause 31(7) of Schedule 10.7 and clause 2(1) of Schedule 10.8 of the Electricity Industry Participation Code 2010 (“Code”) that allow ATHs to ensure measurement transformer accuracy at low burdens. These exemptions expire on 31 December 2014. This amendment removes the need for further exemptions.
- The amendment makes minor changes to the Code, including changes to amend the definitions of “approved test house”, “half-hour metering information”, “nominated bid”, and “submission expiry date”, to clarify the requirement for participants to provide complete and accurate information under Parts 10, 11 and 15, to clarify the metering component requirements for ATHs under Schedule 10.8, and to amend the requirement for generators to provide half-hour metering information to the relevant grid owner instead of the pricing manager under clauses 13.136–13.141 and 13.145–13.147.
- In accordance with section 39(3)(a) and (b) of the Act, the Authority has not prepared and publicised a regulatory statement or consulted on the amendment and the regulatory statement because it is satisfied that the amendments are technical and non-controversial or that there is widespread support for the amendment among the people likely to be affected by it.
- A copy of the amendment and the Code is available on the Authority’s website at
- A copy of the amendment and the Code may also be inspected free of charge or purchased from the Electricity Authority, Level 7, ASB Bank Tower, 2 Hunter Street, Wellington.
Dated at Wellington this 18th day of November 2014.
Dr THOMAS BRENT LAYTON, Chairperson, Electricity Authority.