1. Pursuant to sections 38(3)(b) and 39(3) of the Electricity Industry Act 2010, and having complied with section 39 of that Act, the Electricity Authority ("Authority") gives notice of making the Electricity Industry Participation Code Amendment (ICP Switching) 2014 ("amendment").
2. The amendment comes into force on 9 October 2015, except clauses 7(3) and (4), 15(2) and (3), and 20(5) and (6), which come into force on 6 November 2014.
3. The amendment makes a number of changes to Schedule 11.3 of the Electricity Industry Participation Code 2010 ("Code"), which relates to the switching of installation control points ("ICPs") between traders. The changes are a result of a review of switching processes undertaken by the Authority in light of issues raised by participants during the implementation of the new metering rules
(the new Part 10 of the Code). The changes are designed to improve the processesfor switching ICPs between traders. In particular, the changes are aimed at improving the process for switching ICPs with half-hour certified and reconciled advanced metering infrastructure metering installations.
4. The amendment also updates references in Schedule 11.3 of the Code to the Door to Door Sales Act 1967, in light of the Fair Trading Amendment Act 2013.
5. A copy of the amendment and the Code is available on the Electricity Authority's website
6. A copy of the amendment and the Code may also be inspected free of charge or purchased from the Electricity Authority, Level 7, ASB Bank Tower,
2 Hunter Street, Wellington.
Dated at Wellington this 6th day of October 2014.
DR THOMAS BRENT LAYTON, Chairperson, Electricity Authority.