The Commerce Commission ("Commission") gives the following notice under Part 4 of the Commerce Act 1986 ("Act").
N o t i c e
1. Title-This notice is the Transpower Information Disclosure Determination 2014, NZCC 5 Notice 2014.
2. Transpower Information Disclosure Determination 2014-(1) On 28 February 2014, the Commission made the Transpower Information Disclosure Determination 2014, NZCC 5 ("Determination").
(2) The Determination sets out the information disclosure requirements that will apply to Transpower's supply of electricity lines services as defined in section 54C of the Act. The Determination is made under section 53C of
(3) In accordance with section 52P(7)(b) of the Act, this notice is published as a summary of the Determination.
3. Summary-(1) The Determination sets out the information disclosure requirements that will apply to Transpower.
(2) The Determination comes into force on 1 July 2014
and supersedes the Electricity Information Disclosure Requirements 2004*.
(3) The information disclosure requirements have been developed following a consultation process with Transpower and other interested parties.
(4) Transpower will disclose information in the following three categories:
(a) Financial information.
(b) Grid management information.
(c) System operator information.
(5) The information will primarily be disclosed in two of Transpower's existing reports:
(a) The Annual Regulatory Report.
(b) The Integrated Transmission Plan.
(6) Financial disclosures include information on financial performance, revenue and expenditure for Transpower's transmission lines services.
(7) Grid management disclosures include information on quality performance, asset management and grid composition.
(8) System operator disclosures include financial performance, revenue and expenditure for Transpower's system operator function.
(9) The disclosures must be supported by director certifications and audit reports.
The reasons for determining the Requirements for Transpower are set out in the "Information Disclosure Requirements for Transpower Reasons Paper", 28 February 2014.
Copies of the Determination are available for inspection free of charge at the Commission (during ordinary office hours), on the Commission's website at
or for purchase at a reasonable price at the Commission,
44 The Terrace, Wellington.
Dated at Wellington this 6th day of March 2014.
*Supplement to the New Zealand Gazette, 31 March 2004, No. 38, page 951