Pursuant to Regulation 9 of the Fisheries (Kaimoana Customary Fishing) Regulations 1998, the Director Maori Partnership Implementation at the Ministry for Primary Industries (acting pursuant to a delegated authority in accordance with section 41 of the State Sector Act 1988) gives the following notice.
N o t i c e
1. Title and commencement-(1) This notice may be cited as the Fisheries (Kaimoana Customary Fishing) Notice (No. 10) 2013.
(2) This notice shall come into effect on 20 December 2013.
2. Interpretation-(1) In this notice:
"area/rohe moana" means the area described in clause 4(1).
(2) Other terms used in this notice have the same meaning as in the Fisheries (Kaimoana Customary Fishing) Regulations 1998.
3. Nomination of Tangata Kaitiaki/Tiaki-Oraeroa Marae, as part of Nga Kaitiaki o Te Puaha, has nominated Kenneth Kiripaura Clark, Hurricane Jim Thompson, Richard Tiki o Terangi Thompson and Jack Rangi as Tangata Kaitiaki/
Tiaki for managing customary food-gathering within the area/rohe moana described in clause 4(1).
4. Appointment of Tangata Kaitiaki/Tiaki-(1) On
12 December 2013, the Minister for Primary Industries confirmed, under Regulation 9(1) of the Fisheries (Kaimoana Customary Fishing) Regulations 1998, the appointment of Kenneth Kiripaura Clark, Hurricane Jim Thompson, Richard Tiki o Terangi Thompson and Jack Rangi as Tangata Kaitiaki/Tiaki for managing customary food-gathering within the area/rohe moana enclosed by a line:
(a) commencing at a point on the mean high-water mark (MHWM) on the boundary of the Waikato River settlement boundary (at 37ø22.45'S and 174ø42.15'E); then
(b) proceeding along the Waikato River settlement boundary in a generally south-easterly direction to a point approximately 11.7km due east of Ngatutura Point (at 37ø31.22'S and 174ø52.61'E); then
(c) proceeding due west to Ngatutura Point (at 37ø31.22'S and 174ø44.66'E); then
(d) proceeding in a generally northerly direction along the MHWM to the point of commencement.
(2) The geographical coordinates named in paragraph 4(1)(a-d) are in terms of the WGS84 datum.
5. Confirmation of tangata whenua-Ngati Tahinga, as represented in respect of these appointments by Oraeroa Marae, is confirmed as tangata whenua of the area/rohe moana to which the appointment of the Tangata Kaitiaki/
6. Power to authorise the taking of fisheries resources for customary food-gathering-Tangata Kaitiaki/Tiaki appointed for the area/rohe moana may authorise any individual to take fisheries resources, managed under the Fisheries Act 1996, for customary food-gathering purposes from within the whole or any part of the area/rohe moana. No customary food-gathering of fisheries resources may take place in the area/rohe moana without an authorisation from a Tangata Kaitiaki/Tiaki.
Dated at Wellington this 12th day of December 2013.
KELLY DUNN, Director Maori Partnership Implementation, Ministry for Primary Industries (acting under delegated authority).