Pursuant to section 167 of the Resource Management Act 1991, the Minister for the Environment gives the following notice.
N o t i c e
1. Title and commencement-(1) This notice is the Resource Management (Approval of Top Energy Limited as Requiring Authority) Notice 2013.
(2) This notice shall come into force on the 28th day after its publication in the New Zealand Gazette.
2. Interpretation-In this notice, unless the context otherwise requires:
(a) "Telecommunication" has the meaning given to that term by section 5 of the Telecommunications Act 2001.
(b) "Radiocommunication" has the meaning given to that term in section 2(1) of the Radiocommunications Act 1989.
(c) "Network" means the system of telecommunication links and works (as defined in the Telecommunications Act 2001), which Top Energy Limited operates or uses, or may operate or use in the future, for the purpose of telecommunication and radiocommunication. The primary purpose of the network is to assist with the provision of Top Energy Limited's line function services to customers in the Far North District.
3. Approval as requiring authority-(1) Top Energy Limited is hereby approved as a requiring authority under section 167 of the Resource Management Act 1991, for the network utility operation described in subclause (2), including projects or works of that network utility operation, within the Far North District.
(2) The network utility operation is the operation, erection, installation, maintenance, replacement, alteration, removal, expansion or upgrading of the network or any component of the network which Top Energy Limited operates, or proposes to operate, for the purpose of telecommunication or radiocommunication.
Dated at Wellington this 13th day of June 2013.
HON AMY ADAMS, Minister for the Environment.