Pursuant to Regulation 9 of Te Arawa Lakes (Fisheries) Regulations 2006, the Minister for Primary Industries gives the following notice.
N o t i c e
1. Title and commencement-(1) This notice may be cited as Te Arawa Lakes (Fisheries) Notice (No. 1) 2013.
(2) This notice shall come into effect on 24 June 2013.
2. Interpretation-In this notice:
(a) "customary food-gathering" has the same meaning as defined in the Fisheries (Kaimoana Customary Fishing) Regulations 1998.
(b) "Poutiriao" and "Komiti Whakahaere" have the same meanings as defined in Te Arawa Lakes (Fisheries) Regulations 2006.
(c) "Poutiriao" means the person or persons appointed under Regulation 9 of Te Arawa Lakes (Fisheries) Regulations 2006 and who form the Komiti Whakahaere for the management of customary
food-gathering within Te Arawa fisheries area.
(d) "Te Arawa fisheries area" is defined in Te Arawa Lakes Settlement Act 2006.
(e) "puka whakamana" has the same meaning as defined in Te Arawa Lakes (Fisheries) Regulations 2006.
3. Appointment of Poutiriao-I confirm, under Regulation 9(1) of Te Arawa Lakes (Fisheries) Regulations 2006, the appointment of John Ransfield and John Waaka
as Poutiriao to manage customary food-gathering within Te Arawa fisheries area from 24 June 2013. The appointments will expire on 14 September 2013.
4. Komiti Whakahaere membership-The Poutiriao (John Ransfield and John Waaka) become members of the Komiti Whakahaere.
5. Power to authorise the taking of fisheries resources for customary food-gathering purposes-A Poutiriao,
as part of the Komiti Whakahaere, may authorise
any individual to take fisheries resources, managed under
Te Arawa Lake (Fisheries) Act 2006, for customary
food-gathering purposes from within the whole or any part of Te Arawa fisheries area. No customary food-gathering of fisheries resources may take place in Te Arawa fisheries area without a puku whakamana from a Poutiriao.
Dated at Wellington this 22nd day of May 2013.
HON NATHAN GUY, Minister for Primary Industries.