Pursuant to sections 4(1) and 8(1) of the Forest and Rural Fires Act 1977 ("the Act"), the National Rural Fire Authority hereby makes the following notice.
N o t i c e
1. Title and commencement-(1) This notice is the Wellington Rural Fire District Constitution and Administration Notice 2013.
(2) This notice will come into force on 1 October 2013.
2. Constitution of Wellington Rural Fire District Notice-(1) The areas set out in the Schedule to this notice are hereby constituted and declared to be a rural fire district to be known as the Wellington Rural Fire District.
(2) The trees and other plants on the land, described in the Schedule to this notice, are hereby specified as the property for the protection for which the district is constituted.
3. Constitution of the Wellington Rural Fire District Committee-The Wellington Rural Fire District Committee is hereby constituted as a rural fire authority.
4. Administration of the Wellington Rural Fire District-(1) For the purposes of the Act, the Wellington Rural
Fire District shall be administered by the Wellington
Rural Fire District Committee.
(2) The committee shall consist of seven members as follows:
(a) One person appointed in writing by the New Zealand Forest Owners Association as a member representing forest owners in the district, under the signature of its New Zealand Forest Owners Association president; and
(b) one person appointed, in writing, by the
New Zealand Fire Service National Commander; and
(c) three persons, appointed in writing, jointly by the chief executives of the Wellington region district councils. The three appointees are to be geographically representative (one person from Upper Hutt or Hutt City; one person from Wellington City and one person from Kapiti Coast or Porirua); and
(d) one person, appointed in writing, by the Department of Conservation Director-General; and
(e) one person appointed by the committee as an independent member with recognised governance experience. The independent member is to have
the same rights as other members on the
committee, with the term of appointment to be in accordance with the Forest and Rural Fires Regulations 2005.
(3) In the event that any appointment to be made under clauses 4(2)(a) or 4(2)(e) is not carried out within three months of the date by which the appointment should be made, the National Rural Fire Officer may appoint to
the committee some fit person(s) who shall represent the interests of the organisations described in clauses 4(2)(a) or 4(2)(e).
Wellington Land District
All those parcels of land generally above the mean low
water springs, as delineated on SO 35985 labelled "Upper Hutt City" and SO 35979 labelled "Lower Hutt City" and SO 35959 labelled "Wellington City" and SO 35967
labelled "Porirua City" and SO 35973 labelled "Kapiti Coast District", deposited with Land Information New Zealand, but excluding all "fire districts" as defined in section 2 of the Fire Service Act 1975 (for ease of reference that land is also shown on plans numbered NRFA 0714, deposited in the Corporate Office of the New Zealand Fire Service Commission at Wellington).
Dated at Wellington this 16th day of June 2013.
M. J. DUDFIELD, National Rural Fire Officer.