Pursuant to sections 4(1) and 8(1) of the Forest and Rural Fires Act 1977 ("the Act"), the National Rural Fire Authority hereby makes the following notice.
N o t i c e
1. Title and commencement-(1) This notice is the Taranaki Rural Fire District Constitution and Administration Notice 2013.
(2) This notice will come into force on 1 July 2013.
2. Constitution of Taranaki Rural Fire District Notice-(1) The areas set out in the Schedule to this notice are hereby constituted and declared to be a rural fire district to be known as the Taranaki Rural Fire District.
(2) The trees and other plants on the land described in the Schedule to this notice are hereby specified as the property for the protection for which the district is constituted.
3. Constitution of the Taranaki Rural Fire District Committee-The Taranaki Rural Fire District Committee
is hereby constituted as a rural fire committee.
4. Administration of the Taranaki Rural Fire District-(1) For the purposes of the Act, the Taranaki Rural Fire District shall be administered by the Taranaki Rural
Fire District Committee.
(2) The committee shall consist of seven members as follows:
(a) One person appointed, in writing, by the New Zealand Forest Owners Association as a member representing forest owners in the district, under the signature of its president; and
(b) one person appointed, in writing, by the New Zealand Fire Service National Commander; and
(c) one person appointed, in writing, by the South Taranaki District Council Chief Executive; and
(d) one person appointed, in writing, by the Stratford District Council Chief Executive; and
(e) one person appointed, in writing, by the
New Plymouth District Council Chief Executive; and
(f) one person appointed, in writing, by the Department of Conservation Director-General; and
(g) one person appointed by the committee as an independent member with recognised governance experience. The independent member will have the same rights as other members of the committee.
The term of appointment will be in accordance
with the Forest and Rural Fires Regulations 2005.
(3) In the event that any appointment to be made under 4(2)(a) is not carried out within three months of the date
by which the appointment should be made, the National Rural Fire Officer may appoint to the committee some
fit person(s) who shall represent the interest of the organisations described in 4(2)(a).
All those parcels of land above the mean low water
mark, as shown on SO 13063 labelled "South Taranaki District" and SO 13058 labelled "Stratford District" and SO 334329 labelled "New Plymouth District", lodged in the office of the Chief Surveyor, Wellington, but excluding all "fire districts" as defined in section 2 of the Fire Service Act 1975 (for ease of reference that land is also shown on plans numbered NRFA0713 deposited in the Corporate Office of the New Zealand Fire Service Commission at Wellington).
Dated at Wellington this 1st day of March 2013.
M. J. DUDFIELD, National Rural Fire Officer.