In accordance with the provisions of the Meat Board Act 2004 and the Quota Allowance Allocation System in respect of European Union High Quality Beef Tariff Rate Quota, up to 2% of the total quota available to New Zealand is set aside as Reserved Quota Allowance (RQA) for possible allocation to New Entrants.
The closing date for applications from New Entrants is 1 March 2012 for RQA for the 2012/2013 Quota Year beginning
1 July 2012.
Applications must be made in writing on Form 7, section 18 of the Quota Manual (February 2006 edition).
Printable copies of these forms are available from New Zealand Meat Board website at
or by contacting the board direct.
Applications received after the closing date will be regarded as late and will be considered only at the discretion of the board.
Incomplete applications will be returned to the applicant for completion and therefore risk being received after the closing date.
The applicant must provide:
- a non-refundable New Entrant Application Fee of $2,500.00 + GST;
- a Fixed Participation Fee (refundable if the application is not successful) of $1,500.00 + GST;
- New Zealand Meat Board Export Registration Number;
- evidence of procurement details with accompanying letter(s) of confirmation if applicable;
- evidence of ability to process at an EU Listed Premises or ability to toll process with accompanying letter(s) of confirmation; and
- evidence of marketing arrangements with accompanying letter(s) of confirmation if applicable.
New Entrant applicants for EU High Quality Beef RQA are advised that any New Entrant that has not produced qualifying product by 30 September in the applicable production season shall have any conditional RQA held by the applicant revert to the board for allocation in accordance with the provisions of the Quota Allowance Allocation System.
- Variable participation fees of $1.80 + GST (per tonne) payable by New Entrant and General Quota Holders will be notified by the board following the annual allocation of TRQ Allowances and are due by 30 June 2012.
- Applications for General Quota Allowance for the 2012/2013 Quota Year close 15 April 2012.
Please direct any enquiries by telephone to Mary Malone on (04) 474 0838 or Mark Dunlop on (04) 471 6036.
Dated at Wellington this 7th day of February 2012.
M. DUNLOP, Quota Manager, New Zealand Meat Board.