Pursuant to section 12 of the Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act 2003, the following notice is given.
N o t i c e
1. Commencement-This notice comes into force on 10 December 2012.
2. Revocation-This notice revokes and replaces the previous notice which prescribed qualifications for the Scope of Practice Chiropractor, dated the 13th day of August 2004, and published in a Supplement to the New Zealand Gazette, 15 September 2004, No. 120, page 2898.
Qualifications Prescribed for the Chiropractic Scope of Practice
Pursuant to section 12 of the Act, the following qualifications are prescribed for registration as a chiropractor.
Registration as a chiropractor in New Zealand under the Chiropractic Board Scope of Practice requires either:
- a Council on Chiropractic Education Australasia accredited Chiropractic qualification from the New Zealand College of Chiropractic, Auckland; or
- a pass in an examination set by the New Zealand Chiropractic Board for chiropractors trained overseas who have graduated from an institution with accreditation status as recognised by a member body of the Council on Chiropractic Education International; or
- under the provision of the Trans-Tasman Mutual Recognition Act 1997, registration by the Chiropractic Board of Australia at the time of application.
Dated at Wellington this 12th day of November 2012.
ANGELA SINCLAIR, Registrar and General Manager, Chiropractic Board.