Pursuant to Regulation 9 of the Fisheries (Kaimoana Customary Fishing) Regulations 1998, the Director Maori Partnership Implementation at the Ministry for Primary Industries (acting pursuant to a delegated authority in accordance with section 41 of the State Sector Act 1988) gives the following notice.
N o t i c e
1. Title and commencement-(1) This notice may be cited as the Fisheries (Kaimoana Customary Fishing) Notice (No. 11) 2012.
(2) This notice shall come into effect on 21 December 2012.
2. Interpretation-(1) In this notice, "area/rohe moana" means the area described in clause 6(1).
(2) Terms used in this notice have the same meaning as in the Fisheries (Kaimoana Customary Fishing) Regulations 1998.
3. Nomination of Tangata Kaitiaki/Tiaki-The Kororaraeka Marae Society, as endorsed by Ngati Kuta-Patukeha, has nominated Diane Tito-Salive and Lorraine Young as Tangata Kaitiaki/Tiaki for managing customary food-gathering within the area/rohe moana described in clause 4(1).
4. Appointment of Tangata Kaitiaki/Tiaki-(1) On
6 December 2012, the Minister for Primary Industries appointed, under Regulation 9(1) of the Fisheries (Kaimoana Customary Fishing) Regulations 1998, Diane Tito-Salive and Lorraine Young as Tangata Kaitiaki/Tiaki for managing customary food-gathering within the area/rohe moana enclosed by a line:
(a) commencing at a point on the mean high water mark (MHWM) on the southern side of the Haumi River mouth (at 35°17.86'S and 174°06.19'E); then
(b) proceeding in a northerly direction to a point offshore (at 35°16.88'S and 174°06.31'E); then
(c) proceeding in a northerly direction to a point offshore (at 35°13.34'S and 174°05.73'E); then
(d) proceeding in a north-easterly direction to a point on the boundary of the exclusive economic zone (EEZ) (at 33°09.00'S and 177°39.00'E); then
(e) proceeding in a generally south-easterly direction along the boundary of the EEZ until its intersection with the line of latitude 35°16.87'S; then
(f) proceeding due west for 200 nautical miles to a point on the MHWM at Taupiri Bay (at 35°16.87'S and 174°17.66'E); then
(g) proceeding along the MHWM of the Bay of Islands to the point of commencement.
(2) The geographical coordinates used in paragraph
4(1)(a)-(g) are stated in terms of the WGS84 datum.
5. Confirmation of tangata whenua-Kororareka, along with Ngati Hine, Ngati Kaua, Ngati Kuta, Ngati Manu, Ngati Rahiri, Ngati Rehia, Ngati Torehina, Patukeha, Te Kapotai and Te Uri Karaka, is confirmed as the tangata whenua of the area/rohe moana to which the appointment of the Tangata Kaitiaki/Tiaki relates.
6. Power to authorise the taking of fisheries resources for customary food-gathering-Tangata Kaitiaki/Tiaki appointed for the area/rohe moana may authorise any individual to take fisheries resources, managed under the Fisheries Act 1996, for customary food-gathering purposes from within the whole or any part of the area/rohe moana. No customary food-gathering of fisheries resources may take place in the area/rohe moana without an authorisation from a Tangata Kaitiaki/Tiaki.
Dated at Wellington this 17th day of December 2012.
KELLY DUNN, Director Maori Partnership Implementation, Ministry for Primary Industries.