Pursuant to section 167 of the Resource Management Act 1991, the Minister acting on behalf of the Minister for the Environment gives the following notice.
N o t i c e
1. Title and commencement-(1) This notice is the Resource Management (Approval of TeamTalk Limited
as Requiring Authority) Notice 2012.
(2) This notice shall come into force on the 28th day after the date of its publication in the New Zealand Gazette.
2. Interpretation-In this notice, unless the context otherwise requires:
(a) "Telecommunication or radiocommunication facility" includes any line, cable, mast, pole, aerial,
tower, antenna, dish, apparatus, or other
building, structure, facility, or site intended for, associated with, or ancillary to, telecommunication or radiocommunication;
(b) "Telecommunication" has the same meaning as in section 5 of the Telecommunications Act 2001;
(c) Radiocommunication" has the same meaning as in section 2(1) of the Radiocommunications Act 1989;
(d) "Network" means the system of telecommunication or radiocommunication facilities which TeamTalk Limited operates or uses, or may in future operate
or use, for the purpose of telecommunication or radiocommunication.
3. Approval as requiring authority-(1) TeamTalk Limited is hereby approved as a requiring authority, under section 167 of the Resource Management Act 1991, for
its network utility operation described in subclause (2), including projects or works of that network utility operation.
(2) The network utility operation is the operation, erection, installation, maintenance, alteration, removal, expansion
and upgrading of the network or of any component of
the network which TeamTalk Limited operates, or proposes to operate, for the purpose of telecommunication or radiocommunication.
Dated at Wellington this 4th day of October 2012.
HON DAVID CARTER, on Behalf of the Minister for the Environment.