Pursuant to Regulation 10 of the Fisheries (Kaimoana Customary Fishing) Regulations 1998, the Director Maori Partnership Implementation at the Ministry for Primary Industries (acting pursuant to a delegated authority in accordance with section 41 of the State Sector Act 1988) gives the following notice.
N o t i c e
1. Title and commencement-(1) This notice may be cited as the Fisheries (Kaimoana Customary Fishing) Notice (No. 8) 2012.
(2) This notice shall come into effect on 12 October 2012.
2. Interpretation-(1) In this notice, "area/rohe moana" means the area described in clause 6(1).
(2) Terms used in this notice have the same meaning as in the Fisheries (Kaimoana Customary Fishing) Regulations 1998.
3. Request to cancel appointment-Waiohiki Marae and Kahungunu ki Te Matau a Maui acting for Ngati Parau, being the tangata whenua who nominated Te Ariki Manihera Henderson as a Tangata Kaitiaki/Tiaki for the area/rohe moana, has requested in writing the cancellation of his appointment as a Tangata Kaitiaki/Tiaki.
4. Cancellation of appointment-On 2 October 2012, the Minister for Primary Industries cancelled, under Regulation 10(1) of the Fisheries (Kaimoana Customary Fishing) Regulations 1998, the appointment of Te Ariki Manihera Henderson as a Tangata Kaitiaki/Tiaki for managing customary food-gathering within the area/rohe moana.
5. Nomination of a Tangata Kaitiaki/Tiaki-Waiohiki Marae and Kahungunu ki Te Matau a Maui, acting for Ngati Parau, has nominated Nga Reipa Hawaikirangi as a replacement Tangata Kaitiaki/Tiaki for managing customary food-gathering within the area/rohe moana described in clause 6(1).
6. Appointment of a Tangata Kaitiaki/Tiaki-(1) On
2 October 2012, the Minister for Primary Industries appointed, under Regulation 10(2) of the Fisheries (Kaimoana Customary Fishing) Regulations 1998, Nga Reipa Hawaikirangi as a replacement Tangata Kaitiaki/Tiaki for managing customary food-gathering within the area/rohe moana enclosed by a line:
(a) commencing at a point on the mean high water mark (MHWM) on the south-eastern side of the Port
of Napier near Bluff Hill (at 39°28.90'S and 176°55.20'E); then
(b) proceeding in a north-easterly direction to a point offshore (at 39°26.90'S and 177°09.60'E); then
(c) proceeding due east to the point where the 36°26.90'S intersects with the boundary of the exclusive economic zone (EEZ); then
(d) proceeding in a southerly direction along
the boundary of the EEZ to the point where the 39°38.60'S parallel intersects with the boundary of the EEZ; then
(e) proceeding due west for approximately 200 nautical miles to a point on the MHWM at Cape Kidnappers (at 39°38.60'S and 177°05.73'E); then
(f) proceeding along the MHWM in a generally northerly direction to the point of commencement.
(2) The geographical coordinates used in paragraph
4(1)(a)-(f) are stated in terms of the WGS84 datum.
7. Confirmation of tangata whenua-Ngati Parau is confirmed as the tangata whenua of the area/rohe moana to which the appointment of the Tangata Kaitiaki/Tiaki relates.
8. Power to authorise the taking of fisheries resources for customary food-gathering-Tangata Kaitiaki/Tiaki appointed for the area/rohe moana may authorise any individual to take fisheries resources, managed under the Fisheries Act 1996, for customary food-gathering purposes from within the whole or any part of the area/rohe moana. No customary food-gathering of fisheries resources may take place in the area/rohe moana without an authorisation from a Tangata Kaitiaki/Tiaki.
Dated at Wellington this 8th day of October 2012.
KELLY DUNN, Director Maori Partnership Implementation, Ministry for Primary Industries.