Pursuant to Regulation 10 of the Fisheries (Kaimoana Customary Fishing) Regulations 1998, the Director Maori Partnership Implementation at the Ministry for Primary Industries (acting pursuant to a delegated authority in accordance with section 41 of the State Sector Act 1988) gives the following notice.
N o t i c e
1. Title and commencement-(1) This notice may be cited as the Fisheries (Kaimoana Customary Fishing) Notice (No. 5) 2012.
(2) This notice shall come into effect on 14 September 2012.
2. Interpretation-(1) In this notice:
"area/rohe moana" means the area described in clause 6(1).
(2) Terms used in this notice have the same meaning as in the Fisheries (Kaimoana Customary Fishing) Regulations 1998.
3. Request to cancel appointment-Te Uri o Hau, being the tangata whenua who nominated the late Ross Walker as a Tangata Kaitiaki/Tiaki for the area/rohe moana, has requested in writing the cancellation of his appointment as a Tangata Kaitiaki/Tiaki.
4. Cancellation of appointment-On 3 September 2012, the Minister for Primary Industries cancelled, under Regulation 10(1) of the Fisheries (Kaimoana Customary Fishing) Regulations 1998, the appointment of the late
Ross Walker as a Tangata Kaitiaki/Tiaki for managing customary food-gathering within the area/rohe moana.
5. Nomination of a Tangata Kaitiaki/Tiaki-Otamatea Marae, acting for Te Uri o Hau, has nominated Ngahuia Wright as a replacement Tangata Kaitiaki/Tiaki for managing customary food-gathering within the area/rohe moana described in clause 6(1).
6. Appointment of a Tangata Kaitiaki/Tiaki-(1) On
3 September 2012, the Minister for Primary Industries appointed, under Regulation 10(2) of the Fisheries (Kaimoana Customary Fishing) Regulations 1998, Ngahuia Wright as a replacement Tangata Kaitiaki/Tiaki for managing customary food-gathering within the area/rohe moana enclosed by a line:
(a) commencing at the mean high-water springs
at Kakaraea (Karaka Point) (at 36°24.5'S and 174°21.1'E); then
(b) proceeding generally west to a point (at 36°23.9'S and 174°12.8'E); then
(c) proceeding generally south-west to a point
(at 36°25.9'S and 174°06.6'E); then
(d) proceeding due west to the exclusive economic zone (EEZ) to a point at latitude 36°25.9'S; then
(e) proceeding generally north along the EEZ to a point at latitude 35°58.6'S; then
(f) proceeding due east to a point on the coastline
north-west of Mahuta Gap (at 35°58.6'S and 173°45.5'E); then
(g) proceeding generally south-east along the mean high-water springs following the northern reaches
of Kaipara Harbour to the point of commencement.
(2) The geographical coordinates used in paragraph 4(1)(a)(g) are stated in terms of the WGS84 datum.
7. Confirmation of tangata whenua-Te Uri o Hau is confirmed as the tangata whenua of the area/rohe moana to which the appointment of the Tangata Kaitiaki/Tiaki relates.
8. Power to authorise the taking of fisheries resources for customary food-gathering-A Tangata Kaitiaki/Tiaki appointed for the area/rohe moana may authorise any individual to take fisheries resources, managed under the Fisheries Act 1996, for customary food-gathering purposes from within the whole or any part of the area/rohe moana. No customary food-gathering of fisheries resources may take place in the area/rohe moana without an authorisation from a Tangata Kaitiaki/Tiaki.
Dated at Wellington this 10th day of September 2012.
KELLY DUNN, Director Maori Partnership Implementation, Ministry for Primary Industries.