Pursuant to Regulation 32(1)(a) and (i) of the Radiocommunications Regulations 2001, and acting
under delegated authority from the chief executive, I give the following notice.
N o t i c e
1. Title and commencement-(1) This notice is the Radiocommunications Regulations (Prohibited Equipment - Dog Tracking Devices) Notice 2012.
(2) This notice shall come into force on 1 March 2012.
2. Interpretation-In this notice:
Dog-tracking devices means the radio apparatus described in the Schedule to this notice.
3. Prohibition-(1) Dog-tracking devices are interfering equipment.
(2) Dog-tracking devices are declared to be prohibited equipment.
(3) The installation, use, sale, distribution, manufacture or importation of dog-tracking devices is prohibited.
4. Consequential revocation of notice-The Radiocommunications Regulations (Prohibited Equipment
- Dog Tracking Devices) Notice 2009, dated the 5th day of November 2009 and published in the New Zealand Gazette, 12 November 2009, No. 164, page 3971, is revoked.
Radio equipment used for, or with the primary purpose
of being used for, tracking or locating dogs or other
animals that operate in the frequencies 151.820 MHz, 151.880 MHz, 151.940 MHz, 154.570 MHz and 154.600 MHz, including, but not limited to, the following makes and models operating within these frequencies:
- Garmin Astro 220 system
- Garmin Astro 320 system
- Garmin DC 20 collar
- Garmin DC 30 collar
- Garmin DC 40 collar
- SportDOG TEK equipment
Dated at Wellington this 20th day of February 2012.
SANJAI DEEPAK RAJ, Group Manager, Radio Spectrum Management, Ministry of Economic Development.
This note is not part of the notice, but is intended to indicate its general effect.
This notice prescribes that, pursuant to Regulation-
making powers of the Radiocommunications Act 1989, the installation, use, sale, distribution, manufacture or importation of interfering equipment, as prescribed in the notice, is prohibited. This notice comes into effect on 1 March 2012.