Pursuant to section 96B(1) of the Hazardous Substances and New Organisms Act 1996 ("HSNO Act"), the Environmental Protection Authority (EPA) gives notice that a Group Standard is issued.
N o t i c e
1. Title-(1) This notice is the Straight-chained Lepidopteran Sex Pheromone Group Standard 2012 notice.
(2) The HSNO Act Approval Number for the Group Standard is HSR100628.
2. Purpose-The purpose of the Straight-chained Lepidopteran Sex Pheromone Group Standard 2012 is to allow importation or manufacture for release of a pheromone substance or a pheromone-containing product. The pheromone-containing products are used for sampling populations for estimating insect density (monitoring) or
to suppress pest populations or control damage through disrupting the behaviour of pests (direct behavioural control).
3. Commencement-The Straight-chained Lepidopteran Sex Pheromone Group Standard 2012 comes into force
28 days after the date of its notification in the New Zealand Gazette.
4. Conditions of Group Standard-The obligations and restrictions set out in Schedule 1 to the Group Standard apply to the substances by way of conditions.
5. Availability-The full Group Standard, Schedules and any information incorporated by reference may be:
(a) inspected free of charge during normal business hours at the EPA office; or
(b) purchased from EPA; or
(c) viewed at www.epa.govt.nz
EPA contact details:
20 Customhouse Quay
(PO Box 131)
Telephone: (04) 916 2426
Facsimile: (04) 914 0433
Dated at Wellington this 16th day of February 2012.
HELEN ATKINS, for and on behalf of the Environmental Protection Authority.