Pursuant to section 25 of the Fire Service Act 1975,
the New Zealand Fire Service Commission gives the following notice.
N o t i c e
1. Title and commencement-(1) This notice may be cited as the New Zealand Fire Service Area Notice 2012.
(2) This notice comes into force on 22 November 2012.
(3) This notice replaces all previous notices for
New Zealand Fire Service Areas.
2. Constitution of Fire Area-(1) The fire regions listed in column 1 of the Schedule are divided into the constituted fire areas listed in column 3 of the Schedule.
(2) The boundaries of the constituted fire areas listed
in the Schedule are defined and delineated on a map
held at New Zealand Fire Service, National Headquarters, 80 The Terrace, Wellington.
Fire Region Area No. Areas
1 1 Muri Whenua
4 Auckland City
2 6 Waikato
7 Eastern Waikato
8 Bay of Plenty Coast
9 Central Lakes
3 11 Hawke’s Bay
4 17 Tasman-Marlborough
18 West Coast
21 Christchurch Metro
22 South Canterbury
23 Central-North Otago
5 24 East Otago
Dated at Wellington this 16th day of November 2012.
PAUL BAXTER, Chief Executive of the New Zealand
Fire Service (acting under delegated authority of the
New Zealand Fire Service Commission).