Pursuant to section 97 of the Veterinarians Act 2005, the Veterinary Council of New Zealand ("council") sets out in this notice the fees to be charged.
This notice replaces the Veterinary Council Fees Amendment Notice 2010 (No. 1), published in the New Zealand Gazette,
11 February 2010, No. 12, page 379.1
N o t i c e
1. Title and commencement-(1) This notice may be cited as the Veterinary Council of New Zealand Fees Notice 2011 and shall come into force on 1 February 2011.
(2) This notice has the status of a Regulation for the purposes of the Regulations (Disallowance) Act 1989.
2. Fees-The council sets the following fees, payable to the council, specified in the Schedule below.
3. Tax-The fees are exclusive of goods and services tax.
4. Rebate-The council retains the right to rebate the annual practising certificate fee by a specified amount for early payment by a specified date.
Fees Payable2 $
APPLICATION FOR REGISTRATION FEES
For New Zealand qualified applicants 273.04
For applicants applying under the Trans Tasman Mutual Recognition Act 1997 273.04
For overseas applicants holding prescribed qualifications 300.00
For applicants with non-prescribed qualifications applying for registration in a limited scope of practice under section 14 of the Veterinarians Act 2005 660.87
For applicants for specialist registration 273.04
PRACTISING CERTIFICATE FEES
Annual practising certificate application fee for:3
- Full year 365.22
- July - September 322.61
- October - December 231.30
- January - March 140.00
VETERINARY REGISTRATION EXAMINATION FEES
For an assessment of eligibility to sit the Veterinary Registration Examination and subsequent application for registration following successful completion of the examination process 300.00
Preliminary examination (per attempt) 1,060.87
Final examination (per attempt) 5,086.96
Supplementary examination (per attempt, per supplementary examination) 508.70
Annual Register maintenance fee for non-practising veterinarians 50.43
Supply of registration certificates (or copies) or letters of good standing or any other certificate or letter signed by the Registrar 26.09
Dated this 21st day of January 2011.
JANET EDEN, Registrar, Veterinary Council of New Zealand.
1The only changes are increases to examination and APC fees to ensure cost recovery, and an adjustment to the specialist registration application fee to reflect amended processing procedures
2Fees are calculated on a cost recovery basis
3See also "Rebate" reference above