Pursuant to Regulation 10 of the Radiocommunications Regulations 2001, made under section 116(1)(c) of the Radiocommunications Act 1989, and acting under delegated authority from the chief executive, I give the following notice.
N o t i c e
1. Short title and commencement-(1) This notice is the Radiocommunications Regulations (Christchurch Emergency -Exemption from Requirement for Radio Licences) Notice 2011.
(2) This notice expires on 30 June 2011.
2. Exemption from requirement for radio licence-An exemption from the requirement for a radio licence is granted for the purpose of facilitating temporary transmitters in relation to the state of emergency in Christchurch in accordance with the following terms, conditions and restrictions of this notice.
3. Terms, conditions and restrictions-(1) Transmitters must be established within a radius of 30km of what is known as the "The Square" in Christchurch (NZMS 260 map series location M35 806 417).
(2) For the purposes of technical co-ordination, details of the transmissions must be entered into the Register of Radio Frequencies (RRF) as "planned licences" and be certified
by an Approved Radio Engineer or an Approved Radio Certifier.
Dated at Wellington this 1st day of March 2011.
JEFF HICKS, Manager Licensing, Radio Spectrum Management, Ministry of Economic Development.